Bauhu homes are manufactured and pre-assembled at factory level to ensure an engineered finished product and an accurate component supply. All parts of the building envelope and interior decoration items are assembled together as a ‘kit’ to provide a complete building package ready for assembly on site.
Also known as the Palmetto Plus Cottage, the structure is an attractive ‘Caribbean Colonial’ cottage design offering open plan living accommodation, a master bedroom with en suite bath/shower room, a compact kitchen/dining area and shady covered terraces. This home is supplied with a mezzanine ‘room in the roof’ accessed from the open plan living area creating a second bedroom, office or den.
This home is supplied as a prefabricated kit complete with all of the structural elements, components and equipment required to assemble the building to a fully water and airtight condition. Below is a non-exhaustive scope of supply:
- Lightweight galvanized steel structure for external walls and internal partition walls (frames) according to structural calculations for the building type. The external wall frame composition is engineered according to structural calculations. These calculations take into account typical usage loadings and conditions specific to the build location. Assessment of suitability for specific construction locations should be carried out by competent local engineers instructed by the buyer.
- External wall fibre cement sheathing, waterproofing membrane, Rockwool wall insulation, fibre cement plank external siding and decorative fibre cement corner boards, window frames and sills. The light steel frame of the building is wrapped in a constructive coating of cement board and a rain screening membrane. The final finish is a provided by textured render finish or ‘Hardie’ type siding/cladding planks. Opening trims, window sills, fascia panels, soffits and corner boards are supplied in smooth finish cement board pre-cut for final finishing and assembly on site.
- Galvanised steel roof structure, trusses and purlins with fibre cement constructive cladding and waterproofing membrane. Fibre cement soffit and facsia boards, rain gutter and downpipes. Suspended ceiling hanger system, plasterboard ceiling, glasswool ceiling insulation. Pitched roof buildings are supplied with light steel roof frames and trusses, a vapour control membrane and a cement board constructive coating, leaving a watertight finish in preparation for a final roof covering in polymer resin or galvanized steel roof sheets.
- Interior wall Rockwool insulation, fire-resistant gyproc dry lining, water-resistant gyproc dry lining. Rockwool insulation matting is used to fill internal wall cavities providing thermal insulation and soundproofing. Exterior and interior paint, decorating materials and equipment. Gyproc panels are applied to both sides of internal walls and inside outer walls. Water resistant gyproc is used in wet areas. Decorating equipment is supplied as part of the building package.
- Class A uPVC doors, windows and sliding doors with double glazed units. Composite external doors. Internal doors are supplied as complete door and frame sets together with liners and architrave profiles. Doors have multi-point locking system for maximum security and peace of mind and are pre finished but can be painted if alternative colours are required. Door furniture and hinges are stainless steel or chrome. Impact resistant laminated glass is provided in high wind climatic locations.
- Sanitary ware and plumbing installation equipment. The sanitary ware package is premium quality white ceramic and all equipment is supplied according to bathroom layouts shown on individual house design floor plans. Taps, shower and bathroom equipment accessories are polished chrome. Shower bases are designed to be tiled flush to floor finishes or incorporate a shallow ceramic tray. Shower enclosures and wall tile finishes are not provided.
- First and second fix plumbing installation materials. First fix plumbing installation equipment for water distribution throughout the building and second fix connections and fittings for installing sanitary ware. Any outside or under slab installation is not included. Hot water tanks or water heaters, water treatment and water softening equipment are not supplied as part of the sanitary ware package. External connections to services and waste are excluded.
- Electrical installation materials, cable, conduit, switches, sockets. Bauhu homes are supplied with standard electrical system materials. Cable, sockets, switches, data points and fused consumer units are included according to specific house designs. All cables are run through flexible plastic conduit contained within the thickness of the steel frame walls and ceilings. Temporary lamp holders are supplied to provide site lighting during construction. Light fittings are excluded.
- ANTIGUA | Former B'dos Prime Minister appointed LIAT Chairman
- GUYANA | Georgetown will remain on LIAT's schedule after restructuring
- ANTIGUA | There is an environmerntal cost to development - Browne
- CARIBBEAN | LIAT Pilots, workers not warm to idea of salary cuts
- CARIBBEAN | Scotiabank says Caribbean Remains Important