Microcephaly is a birth defect where a baby’s head is smaller than expected when compared to babies of the same sex and age.
Deyalsingh said that the Ministry of Health through the Caribbean Public Health Agency (CARPHA) has already enlisted the help of experts from Brazil and Canada to supplement the local pool of specialists since the number of microcephaly cases caused by Zika may increase in the coming months.
- Countries: Trinidad_Tobago
- TT | Trinidad moves to decriminalize ganja, promote medicinal cannabis
- BARBADOS | Barbados And T&T Sign Energy MOU
- TT | Crime and Violence a Public Health Issue says Rowley
- Why the DRC Ebola outbreak was declared a global emergency and why it matters
- T&T | MP for Port of Spain South Marlene McDonald granted $2m bail