But while the most recent statements are consistent with the U.S. position on Venezuela, they are nevertheless hypocritical in the larger context of U.S. relations in Latin America.
Human rights, democracy, and anti-corruption are supposedly core values of U.S. foreign policy, yet these buzzwords are reduced to little more than rhetorical tools for the U.S. in crafting its own narrative about the countries in the region to suit its own political and economic agenda. Read complete article
- DOMINICA | US concerned about election in Dominica without electoral reform
- Trump Threatens Venezuela And Nicaragua After Coup in Bolivia
- Mexico Grants Evo Morales Political Asylum
- ‘Everyone needs to do more’ to help suffering Venezuelans, says UN Emergency Relief Coordinator
- ANTIGUA | Browne secures US$15.8 million ALBA Loan for LIAT