Araghchi commented that the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) or Iran-Group 5+1 treaty, is a security agreement that covers the region and the world.
In case of any backsliding in that treaty, there will be severe consequences for the entire international community, he noted.
Upon taking office, Donald Trump campaigned to destroy JCPOA or modify it, although it did not get any results so far, the Iranian diplomat said.
The international community and even Washington's allies in Europe are against Trump and even the UN Security Council, which also includes the nuclear deal, will avoid the Republican tycoon's plan.
Iran is prepared to respond to any scenario regarding the fate of JCPOA, although the government prefers maintaining it and there is no change, Araghchi stated.
- Countries: None
- Pompeo's Visit: Be Wary Of Greeks Bringing Gifts
- Israeli Intelligence Involved in Killing of Soleimani: NBC
- With the US and Iran on the brink of war, the dangers of Trump’s policy of going it alone become clear
- DIASPORA | Philly Educator Dr. Karren Dunkley is Ja Global Diaspora Rep for NE USA
- JAMAICA | Lift the Economic Blockade of Cuba says Ja/Cuba Friendship Association