In a statement following the meeting of the Party’s National Executive Council (NEC) on Sunday, where Mrs. Simpson Miller indicated that she would not offer herself for leadership of the PNP for the next political year in September 2017, Dr. Phillips said Mrs Simpson Miller has provided leadership with dedication and passion.
“In light of the President’s statement today, I want to place on record my appreciation to our Comrade Leader not only for her stewardship of the Party over the past ten years, but also for her undying commitment to Jamaica and the people of Jamaica as demonstrated over the past 40 years since she was elected to the Parliament and over 42 years in representational politics, first at the Local Government level,” Dr. Phillips said.
He noted that Mrs Simpson Miller has led the PNP and Jamaica during challenging periods for the Party and the nation and has been tireless and exemplary in her leadership. Dr. Phillips added that among her many other stellar accomplishments, Mrs. Simpson Miller will always have the distinction of having led the Government during the period of the most significant positive transformation in Jamaica’s economy.
“Her staunch advocacy, in and out of Government, for the social and economic protection of the poor and most vulnerable in the Jamaican society, sets her apart as a political representative and leader with a social conscience,” He noted.
- Countries: Jamaica
- JAMAICA | Opposition urges Gov't to Table Auditor General's Report on CMU
- JAMAICA | PNP Youth arm to help Domestic Abuse Victims
- JAMAICA | PNP says Gov't must start new year with credible crime fighting strategy
- GUYANA | Simpson-Miller bats for Guyana's small business; warns about corruption
- JAMAICA | Do not ignore North East US Diaspora, Hanna Tells Foreign Minister