The date was approved at the council's meeting yesterday at the University of the West Indies, a statement from the Opposition party said Monday.
"Nominations will open for the positions of president and vice presidents on Wednesday, July 13, 2016 at 10:00 am and close on Wednesday, July 20, 2016 at midday," the release said.
It also said nomination forms will be available from the party's secretariat.
Party President Portia Simpson-Miller has indicated that she will be seeking relection to the post of President. It is not yet clear if there will be any challengers.
Vive President Derrick Kellier has already announced that he will not be seeking re-election.
- JAMAICA | Do not ignore North East US Diaspora, Hanna Tells Foreign Minister
- JAMAICA | PNP tells Holness: No whitewashing of corruption scandals
- JAMAICA | PNP to stage anti-corruption vigil in Mandela Park on Thursday
- JAMAICA | Phillip to launch his “One PNP – Powerful Together” campaign on June 27
- JAMAICA | Bunting to challenge Phillips for PNP leadership in September