“Nothing of the sort,” Miss Grange said. “I acted within the dictates of the Articles of Incorporation of the SDF.
“It is obvious that it escaped the Opposition Spokesperson that on June 11, 2018, the ownership of the SDF was transferred to the Accountant General in culmination of a process initiated by the Cabinet of which she was a member in July 2015.
The intention was to identify all public companies that had registered shareholders/owners other than the Accountant General with a view to transferring those shares to the Government of Jamaica.
“On May 17, 2018, the SDF registered its Articles of Incorporation with the Registrar of Companies and the Companies Office of Jamaica. These new Articles of Incorporation reflect the Government’s ownership of SDF.
“My appointment of the Board of Directors is in keeping with the authority accorded as per the Articles of Incorporation.
“Anyone looking on can see that I have indulged in no acts of politcisation as there has been little change of personnel in my re-appointment of the members of the SDF Board.
“It is unfortunate that the Opposition should issue a statement that has absolutely no basis in facts,” Minister Grange concluded.
- Countries: Jamaica
- JAMAICA | Sport Ministry intensifies preparation for National Sport Museum
- JAMAICA | Stadium East Running Track under repair, plans for two additional tracks advanced
- JAMAICA | Culture Ministry develops National Calendar of Festivals
- JAMAICA | Investments by Chinese Companies at US$2 Billion
- JAMAICA | Public Education Campaign Launched to End Gender-Based Violence