In a press release this afternoon, Ms Llewellyn said "I have reviewed the material and the legal opinion and I agree with my four (4) assigned prosecutors who collectively between them have over thirty years’ (30) experience as professional career prosecutors at different levels. I agree and endorse their legal opinion in this matter."
The DPP confirtmed that "consequent upon the assessment, we have earlier today provided the Financial Investigation Division with a detailed
thirteen (13) paged document which includes a legal opinion, guidance andrecommendations."
MsLlewellyn pointed out that, while her office can make recommendations to investigative entities, to prosecute individuals or indicate that there is insufficient material to mount a viable prosecution, it is the Police and other investigative bodies that make decisions about whether to arrest and charge and place any matter before the Court.
- Countries: Jamaica
- JAMAICA | Five including Ruel Reid and Fitz Pinnock charged in education scandal
- JAMAICA | Ruel Reid's US$3,800 credit card was authorised by the Finance Ministry
- JAMAICA | PNP Says Public Confidence in the Justice System is at Stake as FID Brings the Reid Investigation to a Close
- JAMAICA | It wasn't me! says Ruel Reid's former driver Devon McQueen
- JAMAICA | Professor Ibrahim Ajagunna acting president of CMU until Pinnock returns