On Tuesday 23 July 2019, Secretariat representatives will participate in the Jamaica Chamber of Commerce’s 2019 Procurement Seminar at the Knutsford Court Hotel in New Kingston. This activity will have an address on the Government of Jamaica’s Procurement initiative for Medium Small and Micro Enterprises by the Honourable Nigel Clarke, Minister of Finance & the Public Service.
Officer-in-Charge of the CARICOM Secretariat, CSME Unit, Ms. Gladys Young, will make a presentation on the Future of Regional Procurement.
On Wednesday 24 July 2019, the CARICOM Secretariat facilitates with the Jamaica MFAFT a workshop entitled “Demystifying the CSME Regimes: Seizing the opportunities- addressing the challenges.” This will take place at the Dr. Aleem Mohammed Meeting Room at the University of the West Indies, Mona Campus.
Other sessions for the week involve the Ministry of Labour and Social Security; the Jamaica Manufacturers and Exporters Association; the Media Association of Jamaica and the Press Association of Jamaica. Mr. Salas Hamilton, Specialist Communications, is also part of the CARICOM Secretariat’s team in its Jamaica mission.
- Countries: CARICOM
- JAMAICA | Holness says Gov't committed to fiscal responsibility
- JAMAICA | Parliament extends State of Emergency in three western parishes, Clarendon and St. Catherine
- CARICOM | CARICOM Secretariat using entrepreneurship training as restorative justice tool
- UNITED NATIONS | CARICOM Nations tell UN: Respect Venezuelan Sovereignty
- JAMAICA | Standard & Poor's Upgrades Jamaica's Ratings; Outlook Remains Stable