There were also seven additional confirmed deaths from the disease, taking the total to 453. The addition of this record number of cases over the last 24 hours brings the overall number of COVID-19 cases in Jamaica to 26,026.
723 Positive Covid-19 cases reported in the last 24 hours... let that sink in!— Dr. Chris Tufton (@christufton) March 7, 2021
The Kingston and St. Andrew Corporate Area had by far the largest number of new infections, with 265. The adjoining parish of St. Catherine saw an increase of 141 cases. Of the new infections, 409 are men, 290 are women and 24 cases are under investigation.
In the meantime, there were 142 more recoveries, increasing the total to 14,301.
Some 271 persons are in hospital with 31 being moderately ill and 31 critically ill.
Four persons are in government quarantine, while 19,187 are at home.
- Countries: Jamaica
- JAMAICA | MP George Wright withdraws from JLP Parliamentary Caucus, To become an independent member until……..
- JAMAICA | In Defense of Horace Chang’s Dialogue with the Diaspora
- JAMAICA | Government going all out to stem importation of illegal weapons says Chang
- JAMAICA | Deputy PM Dr. Horace Chang to speak with Jamaican Diaspora on Thurs. April 8
- JAMAICA | Opposition loses battle to curb PM powers in new disaster law