Dr. Baez arrived at the capital's José Marti International Airport, Terminal Three, where he was welcomed by Cuban Public Health Minister Roberto Morales.
The physician returned to his homeland after tests at the Geneva University Hospital, Switzerland, confirmed that 43-year-old Felix Baez Sarria was now clear of the Ebola virus.
At this medical institution he received high level treatment and its specialists ratified that trials carried out confirmed the disappearance of the virus in his body fluids, so he was discharged from hospital.
Baez was among 165 Cuban medical personnel sent to Sierra Leone to fight the disease. He showed symptoms of the disease on November 16 and was brought to Switzerland for treatment with the experimental drug ZMapp.
- CUBA suffers US5-billion dollar loss due to US economic blockade
- CUBA | US is yet to condemn attack on Cuban Embassy
- CUBA | Newsweek addresses challenges in US-Cuba relations
- CUBA'S economic woes may fuel America’s next migrant crisis
- CUBA | Cuban vaccine Soberana Plus protects against Covid-19 reinfection