“As the Party makes preparations for a re-imagined Jamaica, our election campaign will be led by co-directors Phillip Paulwell and Peter Bunting. Cde. Bunting has been officially added to the team and will help to drive a sophisticated and effective campaign to lead the PNP team to victory,” Dr Phillips said.
He said both Paulwell and Bunting will be responsible for directing all aspects of the election campaign and will direct a savvy campaign by consolidating the diverse energies and talents of the PNP.
Effective Monday, June 22, Peter Bunting, who is known for his strident interventions on Crime and push for Education, will also assume the role of Leader of Opposition Business in the House of Representatives. He replaces Dr. Morais Guy who has asked to be relieved of this duty in order to focus on the campaign as chairman of Region 2 and the important role of Shadow Minister of Health, especially as the country faces a second wave of the dreaded Coronavirus.
Dr Phillips also indicated that Lisa Hanna has been appointed Chief Campaign Spokesperson for the election.
The Party president is expressing confidence that with the new appointees, added to the team of campaign workers, the Party is assured victory to reinstate good governance across all sectors.
- Countries: Jamaica
- JAMAICA | Political parties, private sector sign agreement on crimefighting
- JAMAICA | PNP wants govt to begin hurricane preparation now
- JAMAICA | Bunting decries hike in tution fees
- JAMAICA | No PM, You can't sanction Ministers by playing musical chairs says PNP
- JAMAICA | PNP Says Dr. Chris Tufton must clarify allegations in Public Domain