The Progressive National Party won fourteen of the fifteen seats contested, including the seat held by outgoing Premier, Sharlene Cartwright-Robinson of the PDM. The PNP won nine of ten electoral districts and all five of the seats At Large.
President Golding offered well wishes directly to Premier designate Mr Charles Washington Misick, last evening, and also extended his congratulations to the entire Turks and Caicos electoral system, on the conclusion of what the CARICOM Observer Mission has declared, ‘a free, fair and peaceful elections’.
Mr Golding welcomes the incumbency of the Turks and Caicos PNP, and looks forward to opportunities to caucus and pursue options that are important to the emerging economies.
Golding said, “There is a job of work for the Progressive National Party, and thankfully they have received a clear mandate from their people. Now that the elections are behind them, the more substantial job of governing begins. Once again, congratulations to the PNP and to the its Premier elect, Charles Washington Misick.”
- Countries: Turks_Caisos_Islands
- JAMAICA | In Defense of Horace Chang’s Dialogue with the Diaspora
- St. Vincent's La Soufrière volcano may soon erupt - Residents Evacuate
- JAMAICA | Opposition wants gov't to hold national dialogue on crime
- JAMAICA | Its now official, you can soon be fined for appearing in public without a mask
- JAMAICA | Revive Stay Alert Mobile Application to Help Protect our Women says PNP