In the 2016 general elections, Ms. Francis represented the Party well. She came close to securing a win for the PNP and the Party Leadership of the Party believes the people of Western St Thomas will support Ms. Francis’ candidacy with enthusiasm.
Mr. Mark Malabver, the Principal of Yallahs High School, who was the Party’s candidate, has indicated that he is unable to offer himself at this time. With the uncertainty caused by Covid 19 and the challenges to the education system, he is focusing on ensuring a smooth start to the new school year at Yallahs High School.
Mr. Malabver has also reaffirmed his full support for the new candidate and said he would continue to work for Party’s victory in the upcoming elections and the people of the constituency.
The Party thanks Mark for his efforts and continued support, and wishes him all the best in his future endeavours.
The Party said the people of St Thomas have been suffering under the leadership of the incumbent for too long and deserve better.
- Countries: Jamaica
- JAMAICA | PNP pleased with Supreme Court ruling on SOE detentions
- JAMAICA | PNP President meets with General Election Candidates
- JAMAICA | Population at risk as Coronavirus now out of control says PNP
- JAMAICA | Dr. Donald Keith (DK) Duncan is dead at age 80
- JAMAICA | PNP wants different approach to management of foreign exchange market