Friday’s meeting will be co-chaired by Hon Marc Garneau, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Canada, and Hon Eamon Courtenay, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Foreign Trade and Immigration of Belize and incoming Chairman for the CARICOM Council for Foreign and Community Relations (COFCOR).
With the COVID-19 pandemic continuing to take a heavy toll on citizens, economies and livelihoods, the Ministers are expected to examine areas for collaboration in response and recovery, as well as the issue of equitable access to vaccines.
The Ministers are expected to deliberate on rebuilding inclusive economies and promoting CANADA-CARICOM trade. They are also expected to discuss action needed to fight Climate Change and work towards a cleaner, greener, bluer world in keeping with the Paris Agreement commitments and the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Countries: CARICOM
- CARICOM commits to continued help for St Vincent and the Grenadines
- CARICOM | Belizean National Nominated for the Top Post in CARICOM
- BARBADOS | Mottley to consider Russian, Chinese, Cuban COVID-19 Vaccines
- Hong Kong residents shift billions abroad after clampdown
- CARICOM | Early childhood educators access training in distance learning through CARICOM, UNESCO, UWI – Open Campus collaboration