Mr. Briceño led his PUP to twenty-six of the thirty-one seats at stake in the elections.
“The margin of victory indicates that the people of Belize have confidence in your ability to lead the country during this difficult time, and guide them to a secure and prosperous future,” the Secretary-General said in his congratulatory message.
Ambassador LaRocque also congratulated the Government and People of Belize for successfully conducting the Election safely under the twin challenges of very adverse weather and the COVID-19 pandemic, as evidenced by a more than 80 percent turn out.
“As your new Government seeks to carry out its mandate, please be assured of the support of the Caribbean Community (CARICOM) and its Secretariat,” the Secretary-General said.
“I look forward, Prime Minister, to welcoming you as a Member of the Conference of Heads of Government of the Caribbean Community,” Ambassador LaRocque added.
- Countries: Belize
- CARICOM | Member States to get additional training in e-procurement system
- COMMUNIQUÉ: 32nd Intersessional Meeting, CARICOM Heads of Gov't, 24-25 February 2021
- CDB projects regional economic growth of 3.8% in 2021
- CARICOM | Region must continue to address crime and violence as public health issue
- CARICOM Chair underscores importance of regionalism, multilateralism, South-South cooperation