In a media release, Wright said Minister Audley Shaw, in his call for an apology, should remember that the Auditor General has already completed a damning report detailing widespread breaches of the procurement practices at RADA under his and his predecessor's watch.
“Questions about the programme have already been raised by the AG report and other authentic documentations, including payment vouchers, present a picture of corruption and misuse of taxpayers funds, this is why we have asked for a financial audit.” The Shadow Minister said.
Mr Wright is calling on Minister Shaw to cease the use of the phrase "partial implementation of the bushing programme" as a red herring to prevent further public scrutiny of RADA.
He said the PNP called for the financial audit as it is clear that this government cannot be trusted with taxpayers’ money and alarm must be raised about any big spend that is questionable.
- Countries: Jamaica
- JAMAICA | Dr. Peter Phillips requests conference to elect new PNP Leader
- JAMAICA | JLP defeats PNP in Shocking 49-14 victory
- JAMAICA | PNP wants public to wear masks, comply with COVID-19 requirements
- JAMAICA | PNP wants govt to begin hurricane preparation now
- JAMAICA | PNP wants JC Hutchinson to resign, points to connection with Holland Producers Ltd.