Dr. Phillips, Jamaica’s Finance Minister up to February 25, will make his presentation during the first Plenary Session on Wednesday, June 1 on the topic, “Challenges in Exercising Leadership for Sustainable Development.
The event is being held at the Preston Auditorium of the World Bank Group Headquarters. The 2016 Global Leadership Forum brings together about 200 partners, leaders and practitioners from government, private enterprise, academia, and civil society including, foundations, and international development organizations working in areas of collaborative leadership.
The session will be moderated by the World Bank Group’s Acting Vice President for Leadership, Learning and Development, Abha Joshi-Ghani. Other presenters for this session are: Minister of Finance of the Republic of Cape Verde, Christina Duarte; Deputy Director General for Committees’ Affairs and Head of Public Policies of the Republic of Iraq, Ahmed Muhsin Al-Zubaidi; and Senior Director Climate Change Cross-Cutting Solutions Area of the World Bank Group, John Roome.
The World Bank states the objective of the session as being to: “hear from leaders in government and public life their successes and challenges in exercising leadership and how they have managed to build consensus and coalitions around difficult development challenges.” The presenters will share lessons learned and point to necessary conditions for success.
Dr. Phillips is regarded in Jamaica and globally as having started the most fundamental and successful reform of the Jamaican economy under the Economic Reform Programme while serving as Minister of Finance and Planning during the previous People’s National Party Administration.
- How mega infrastructure projects in Africa, Asia and Latin America are reshaping development
- JAMAICA | Phillips Considers Court Action on Integrity Commission’s Failure to Act on PM's Delayed Integrity Report
- JAMAICA | Ruel Reid's US$3,800 credit card was authorised by the Finance Ministry
- JAMAICA | New World Bank envoy lauds Jamaica on its economic performance
- JAMAICA | Phillip to launch his “One PNP – Powerful Together” campaign on June 27