But while the most recent statements are consistent with the U.S. position on Venezuela, they are nevertheless hypocritical in the larger context of U.S. relations in Latin America.
Human rights, democracy, and anti-corruption are supposedly core values of U.S. foreign policy, yet these buzzwords are reduced to little more than rhetorical tools for the U.S. in crafting its own narrative about the countries in the region to suit its own political and economic agenda. Read complete article
- Cuban Economy Will Not Enter Recession Despite Blockade: Report
- Another US Military Plane Enters Venezuelan Airspace
- AOC: Criticizing Israel Isn’t Anti-Semitism, It’s About Rights
- Guatemala Caves to U.S. Pressure, Signs 3rd Country Agreement
- USA |Small Scale Immigration Raids in US as Migrants Hide in Fear