Palestine TV correspondent Baker Abul-Haq told WAFA Palestinian news agency that as his crew was filming Israeli bulldozers in the al-Kharroub area in the West Bank on Wednesday when they were attacked by an armed Israeli settler who threatened to shoot at them. The reporters were promptly detained by soldiers monitoring the area.
Asira al-Qibliya is being razed by Israeli factions to expand the Yitzhar illegal settlement.
The move came almost a week after Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu threatened to implement further violent measures after Israeli forces killed four Palestinians, and two Israeli soldiers were later killed.
He’s calling to demolish the of homes suspected Palestinians and to increase Israeli settlement construction claiming it’s for security purposes.
Earlier this month Israeli Occupying Force raided the official Palestinian news agency Wafa in the occupied West Bank. Wafa said on its website that troops entered the server room and went through recordings at its main office in Ramallah.
"They withdrew from the agency's office after they took copies of the security camera footage," it said.
The reporters were let go on Dec. 19.
- Countries: None
- Palestinians Slam US Ambassador to Israel's Annexation Remarks
- Sanctioner-in-Chief: 10 Countries Hit by Trump's Favorite Regime Change Tactic in Just Two Years
- USA to Reveal Peace Plan for Israel and Palestine after Ramadan
- What will Trump’s declaration on Jerusalem mean to Palestinians?
- Do Black Lives Matter in Israel?