According to the NGO National Committee to Break the Siege in Gaza, the initiative involves 11 Palestinians, some of them injured by Israeli military and police forces during the last protests in the territory, as well as medical students and patients.
Gaza has shown the whole world that it does not accept submission, despite the continuous blockade. The latest actions of isolation by Israel in that place will not force the Palestinians to forget their people, Hani al-Thawabtah, member of the Committee, told in a press conference.
'Freedom Boat 2' is the second humanitarian fleet seeking to break the blockade on the Strip since the March of Return began on March 30.
The Gaza Strip has been blocked by Israel since 2007, a situation that has destroyed the economy of the coastal enclave and private its approximately two million inhabitants of many basic products.
Since 30 March 2018, more than 130 Palestinians have been killed by Israeli army fire and thousands have been injured while participating in regular demonstrations along the Gaza-Israel security fence.
The protesters demand the end of the Zionist occupation of Palestinian lands, which has been extended for decades, and its current blockade on Gaza, which is bringing the Strip to the edge of a humanitarian catastrophe.
- Countries: None
- MIDDLE EAST | Israel: Arab Parties Emerge as Key Brokers in Forming New Gov't
- ISRAEL | Ilhan Omar, Bernie Sanders Slam Netanyahu's Vow of Annexation
- If Germany atoned for the Holocaust, the US can pay reparations for slavery
- AOC: Criticizing Israel Isn’t Anti-Semitism, It’s About Rights
- Palestinian President Abbas Suspends All Agreements With Israel