Since his campaign to win the White House, Trump insists on the construction of a wall on the limit line between both countries, purpose that gains rejection inside and out of the United States.
Through that Project, the U.S. Office of Customs and Border Protection will replace a little over three kilometers of the barrier in the city of Calexico, California, adjacent to Mexicali, Mexico.
Last November, the company SWF Constructors, of Omaha, Nebraska, won a contract for 18 million dollars to carry out this work in the mentioned zone.
According to the sources, the works in an area divided in two by the New river, whose waters serve for the smuggling of people, will last 10 months.
A law of 2005, they recalled, could exempt this Wall from the environmental regulations if the Department of Homeland Security had in mind the protection of the country above all.
Also, the Trump government emitted exemptions to build a similar barrier in San Diego and Santa Teresa, New Mexico.
For its part, the state of California and environmentalist groups, have presented demands against the federal administration due to those privileges, as they allege their authority expired.
- Countries: United_States
- How does the blockade against Venezuela manifest? Part I
- Putin’s interference in US elections undermines faith in American democracy
- The Changing Face of Regime Change
- How the Russian government used disinformation and cyber warfare in 2016 election – an ethical hacker explains
- Joint Cuban, US Probe absolves Cuba of Sonic Attacks