The Jamaica Labour Party’s team will be led by Prime Minister Andrew Holness and will include General Secretary Horace Chang, Chairman Robert Montague, Minister of Justice, Delroy Chuck and Minister of Industry, Commerce, Agriculture and Fisheries Audley Shaw.
The People's National Party’s team will be led by Opposition Leader Dr. Peter Phillips and will include General Secretary Julian Robinson, Chairman Fitz Jackson, Leader of Opposition Business in the House, Phillip Paulwell and Leader of Opposition Business in the Senate, Donna Scott-Mottley.
The items for discussion at the first meeting include national security, electoral re-verification and chairmanship of Parliamentary committees.
As agreed by the political parties, all communication from the meetings will be done as joint statements.
A joint-statement will be issued at the end of the bipartisan dialogue.
Opposition Leader Dr. Peter Phillips has been insisting that the government immediately resume the Vale Royal Talks, so that practical solutions can be found for some of the critical issues facing the country.
Phillips described the 'Talks' as one of the few avenues where discussions between both sides could be held in an open and frank manner.
The talks were initiated in 2002 by former Prime Minister, P.J. Patterson
- Countries: Jamaica
- JAMAICA| Holness Commissions JDF Surveillance Aircraft into Service
- JAMAICA | Phillips points to danger in acting appointment of Col. Pryce to head Integrity Commission
- JAMAICA | Government Stands Behind BPO – PM Holness
- JAMAICA | 'Cruz', one of St. James most wanted shot dead, 'Prekeh' on the run
- JAMAICA | JAS Supports Small Farmers in Medicinal Cannabis