A release from the Office of The Prime Minister this afternoon said: "Prime Minister Andrew Holness has announced the immediate appointment of Senator Pearnel Charles Jr. as Minister without Portfolio in the Ministry of Economic Growth and Job Creation (MEGJC).
Prime Minister Holness today asked Governor General Sir Patrick Allen in writing to make the appointment.
The letter stated that “In accordance with the provisions of Section 77 (1) of the Jamaican Constitution and pursuant to section 70 (1), Senator the Hon. Pearnel Charles Jr. be appointed as Minister with effect from March 25.”
"Minister Pearnel Charles Jr will now work closely with Prime Minister Holness in the MEGJC on the Housing and Infrastructure Portfolio," the press release said.
In the meantime, Hon. Karl Samuda has been assigned to the Ministry of Education. He is now conducting an administrative review of that Ministry.
Prime Minister Holness maintains oversight of the Education, Youth and Information portfolio as the administrative and governance review continues."
- Countries: Jamaica
- Jamaica and Ghana Arranging Reciprocal Visa Free Travel
- JAMAICA | Gov't Addressing Efficiency and Infrastructure to Improve Growth - Holness
- JAMAICA | Minister Charles Jr. to Meet Stakeholders in Drought Affected Parishes
- JAMAICA Must Embrace Commerce to secure Economic Independence -Holness
- Can Jamaica be trusted in matters of international relations?