In a press release today, Dr. Phillips said "his contribution to the movement, particularly at the constituency level, where he spent his time organizing and advocating for others, will be greatly missed."
Comrade Mears was a hardworking and committed businessman who was devoted to his family, while being a passionate believer in community development and the advancement of the poor and dispossessed.
As the Party mourns his passing, many will cherish the memory of Ruddy as one who was always available to assist in Party endeavours.
Dr Phillips said as the Party mourns his passing, Comrade Mears will be remembered as a volunteer and advocate, who was always willing and available to take the extra steps in fulfilling the needs of the people of the constituency or for the Party on a whole.
“On behalf of the entire PNP family, I offer condolences to his wife Dahlia and his children, other family members and friends, and to the local Party organization in South West St Catherine on this tremendous loss,” Dr Phillips said.
- Countries: Jamaica
- JAMAICA | Phillips wants PM to instruct CMU to turn over documents to Police
- JAMAICA | Prof Munroe flayed for his sanitized tribute to Edward Seaga
- JAMAICA | PNP concerned over increased United States sanctions on Cuba
- JAMAICA | MPs want gov't to solve water crisis affecting several communities.
- JAMAICA | PNP Caretaker Applauds resignation of School Board Chairman