Prime Minister Holness said the Boards should move with speed and alacrity to ensure meaningful action is taken into the matter.
“There will be no cover-up on this matter. We will lay the whole matter bare to the public. It reveals another dimension to the corruption that corruption is not always at the governance level, sometimes it's corruption at the management level and the line staff, but nevertheless whatever it is, it is the Government that is responsible,” declared Prime Minister Holness.
Last week, Shadow Minister for Tourism, Dr. Wykeham McNeill called on the government to take immediate steps to sanction persons implicated in the massive fraud and misappropriation of funds in excess of one hundred million dollars at the world famous attraction, Dunn’s River Falls and Recreational Park.
Dr. McNeil sais the recently released audit report highlighted the fact that the auditors were blocked or stymied in the process of doing their work by persons still employed at the attraction. These unscrupulous persons must be separated from the organization sanctioned for their inappropriate and criminal behaviour."
- Countries: Jamaica
- JAMAICA | Divesting Wigton, the Best Policy Decision - PM Holness
- JAMAICA | PM Holness announces State of Emergency in St. James, Hanover and Westmoreland
- JAMAICA | Government to Make Further Investments in National Security – PM Holness
- JAMAICA | Prime Minister announces new benefits for NHT contributors
- JAMAICA | Government Actively Pursuing Gender Equality – PM Holness