Minister Charles indicated that “a house is not just a foundation, some bricks and a roof; it is the indication of your independence as a citizen”.
Minister Charles Jr. was speaking last week at the ground-breaking ceremony for the Perth Estate Phase 1A in Manchester.
The Minister said the raft of measures announced by Prime Minister Andrew Holness during his contribution to the Budget Debate in March, reflects smart decisions being made to provide affordable housing.
“When you think about the reductions in the interest rates and you couple that with the widening of the income band and then add to that the increase in the access to the loans what you’re seeing is just very smart decisions being made by the NHT to provide for those that they serve”, stated Minister Charles Jr.
Minister Charles Jr. said the new policy measures from the National Housing Trust (NHT) will have a major impact on young professionals.
“I know the enormous impact that it is going to have. Expanding access to our young professionals in this country who could never before think of owning their own home. These decisions are being made to allow you to feel valued in Jamaica”, explained Minister Charles Jr.
The Perth Estate, Phase 1A Housing Development, in Mandeville, Manchester will consist of 118 housing solutions, 70 housing units and 48 serviced lots.
- Countries: Jamaica
- JAMAICA | Country's economic programme remains firmly on track says EPOC
- JAMAICA | Georgia Sex Trafficking Ring Targets Young Girls From Jamaica
- DIASPORA | Atlanta Evening of Elegance to Raise Education Funds for Jamaican Youth
- JAMAICA | Contract work practice betrays eight decades of workers achievement - Phillips
- JAMAICA |Tourism Industry to Benefit from Management Programme in Schools