The MoU was signed by Minister without Portfolio in the Ministry of Economic Growth and Job Creation, Senator the Hon. Pearnel Charles Jr. in Macao SAR, China.
Minister Charles Jr. stated that the Government is committed to improving the country’s infrastructure.
“This is a clear indication on the part of the Government, and CHEC, to explore the possibilities of deeper collaboration for the future. The aim of this, and any future collaboration is to bring quality infrastructure development to the people of Jamaica”, expressed Minister Charles Jr.
The GIDP is expected to bring unprecedented infrastructure development to Jamaica and is intended to succeed the soon to be concluded Major Infrastructure Development Programme (MIDP).
“It will be a comprehensive infrastructure programme which will include not just road works but water and sewerage development, as well as, multiple bypasses for several major towns including Kingston”, explained the Minister.
Minister Charles Jr. is attending the 5th China-LAC Infrastructure Forum and the 10th International Infrastructure Investment and Construction (IIICF) Forum in Macao SAR, China
- Countries: Jamaica
- JAMAICA | JISCO/Alpart Alumina Plant to close for refurbishing
- CARICOM | Amidst Climate Change, Jamaica wants trade concessions for small states
- JAMAICA | Miss Lou Iconic Symbol of Cultural Regeneration – PM Holness
- JAMAICA | Private Bar questions need for changes to Bail Act
- JAMAICA | Trump fingers Ja as major trans-shipment hub