Voting in favour of the resolution were Jamaica, St. Lucia, Haiti, The Bahamas and Guyana. There were eight abstentions with five from CARICOM member states. These include St. Kitts, Trinidad and Tobago, Barbados, Belize and Grenada.
The resolution which was approved with 19 votes in favor, 6 against, 8 abstentions and one absent, invited "member states "to adopt, in accordance with international law and their national legislation, diplomatic, political, economic and financial measures that they consider appropriate, to contribute to the prompt restoration of the democratic order of Venezuela."
It also called for new Presidential elections with all necessary guarantees of a free, fair, transparent, and legitimate process to be held at an early date attended by international observers.
In addition, it invited Member States and Permanent Observers to implement measures to address the humanitarian crisis in Venezuela and impacted countries, through the support to appropriate international and regional organizations.
- Countries: CARICOM
- More Venezuela Sanctions as Trump Meets Carib leaders at Mar-a-Lago
- CARICOM | Rowley Flays Trump Snub - Mottley wants zone of Peace
- JAMAICA | Hanna concerned about closure of Ja embassy in Venezuela
- US-Russia Talks on Venezuela Stall Over Role of Maduro
- Trump to Meet with Five Caribbean Leaders on Friday at His Florida Resort