Voting in favour of the resolution were Jamaica, St. Lucia, Haiti, The Bahamas and Guyana. There were eight abstentions with five from CARICOM member states. These include St. Kitts, Trinidad and Tobago, Barbados, Belize and Grenada.
The resolution which was approved with 19 votes in favor, 6 against, 8 abstentions and one absent, invited "member states "to adopt, in accordance with international law and their national legislation, diplomatic, political, economic and financial measures that they consider appropriate, to contribute to the prompt restoration of the democratic order of Venezuela."
It also called for new Presidential elections with all necessary guarantees of a free, fair, transparent, and legitimate process to be held at an early date attended by international observers.
In addition, it invited Member States and Permanent Observers to implement measures to address the humanitarian crisis in Venezuela and impacted countries, through the support to appropriate international and regional organizations.
- Countries: CARICOM
- JAMAICA | AG's Chambers to advise Gov't on PDVSA Share Seizure
- JAMAICA | Venezuela's Guaido asks Holness not to seize PDVSA refinery shares
- CARICOM reaffirms great value of relations with Cuba
- CARICOM | Cuba reinforces its ties with the Caribbean
- CARICOM | Colombia is willing to participate in CARIFESTA