The historic signing took place at the 30th Inter-Sessional Meeting of the Conference of Heads of Government of CARICOM on Wednesday ) in Basseterre St. Kitts.
The regional MASA will allow for any CARICOM member state to move passengers and freight by air without having to apply for individual air services rights.
The agreement, therefore, makes it easier for airlines in the region to operate both passenger and cargo in and out the island.
Additionally, this agreement will allow Jamaica greater flexibility in negotiating air services agreements with other blocs.
Jamaica has more than 60 air services agreements.
- Countries: Jamaica
- JAMAICA | Holness says Gov't committed to fiscal responsibility
- JAMAICA | Parliament extends State of Emergency in three western parishes, Clarendon and St. Catherine
- JAMAICA | Three Million Trees to be planted in Three Years to Mitigate Against Climate Change
- JAMAICA | Standard & Poor's Upgrades Jamaica's Ratings; Outlook Remains Stable
- JAMAICA | Sustainable Economic Development - Is Jamaica on the right path?