CARICOM Secretary-General Ambassador Irwin LaRocque shared the Community’s sadness in a message to Ethiopia’s Prime Minister HE Dr. Abiv Ahmed Ali.
“Prime Minister, the loss of life, especially under circumstances like this, is always difficult to confront. At this time, the Community extends thoughts of hope and comfort to the people of Ethiopia and all the other countries whose nationals perished in the disaster,” the Secretary-General’s message said.
“CARICOM extends our deepest sympathy to the families and loves ones of the victims of this tragic accident.”
“I am confident that the resilience and the strength of the Ethiopian people will rise above the sorrow that grips the nation presently,” Ambassador LaRocque said.
All 157 people aboard Flight 302 died when it plunged to the ground shortly after take off from Ethiopia heading to Kenya.
- Countries: CARICOM
- CARICOM reaffirms great value of relations with Cuba
- CARICOM | Cuba reinforces its ties with the Caribbean
- CARICOM | Colombia is willing to participate in CARIFESTA
- CARICOM | List of Countries Targeted for Reparations Expanded
- Culture plays important role in Region’s sustainable growth, development - CARICOM SG