According to the airline, flights will operate three times a week and will allow tourists to save money on air travel.
Mark Kopczak, vice president of network planning for Spirit Airlines, said that Cap-Haitien is a destination full of beaches on Haiti's northern shore, and also expressed the company's enthusiasm about the new options included in its network.
The opening coincides with the remodeling of the Hugo Chavez airport in Cap-Haitien, in which works have been underway for a few months to build a new hall for arrivals of some 850 square meters to replace the previous one.
Three departure halls were also remodeled, which will represent a significant increase in regional and international flights.
Named Hugo Chavez, after his death, the airport has more than 7,000 square meters, and it is the closest airport to La Citadelle and Sans Souci Palace, two of the most important historical sites in Haiti.
- Countries: Haiti
- CARIBBEAN | Scotiabank says Caribbean Remains Important
- Jamaica | Holness Signs $285-million contingent credit facility with IDB
- CARICOM | University of Glasgow to pay UWI £200 million in Reparations
- GUYANA, Ghana to explore airline services between Caribbean and Africa
- CARICOM to discuss connecting Africa and the Caribbean via air transport