Beijing has prepared since last month an increase in tariffs on 114 U.S. goods, including chemicals, energy products and medical equipment, in response to the new U.S. action.
On July 6, the United States unleashed a trade war against China by implementing additional 25-percent tariffs worth 34 billion dollars on Chinese imports containing technology of industrial importance.
Beijing reacted automatically with a similar increase in tariffs and value on 545 U.S. products, including agricultural food and vehicles.
In addition, it implemented measures aimed at minimizing the economic impact and protecting the entrepreneurial sector from the U.S. protectionist offensive by increasing the purchase of products in other regions, expanding foreign investments and improving the environment for business.
- Countries: None
- Climate change resilience could save trillions in the long run – but finding billions now to pay for it is the hard part
- CNN TV Host, Fired For Urging a Free Palestine, Apologizes
- G20 Summit: BRICS Pushes For 'Democratic International Order'
- UNITED STATES | Mother Sues US After Child Held in ICE Detention Center Dies
- JAMAICA | Holness Signs Energy Cooperation Framework with US Treasury Dep't.